Hello Scouting family, Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers and Leaders,
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is very simple:
You must camp in every month of the year and cook a meal under camp conditions.
As always there are certain rules that must be followed to complete your mission…..
- You must camp in EVERY month of the year.
- The meal MUST be AT LEAST a main course and cooked under camp conditions using a fire or a stove. If cooking indoors no microwaves or electric appliances can be used.
- You can camp with a friend or sibling BUT if you both want to achieve the mission you will both need to cook one course each or one meal each.
- Your mission must be recorded with photos. This evidence MUST be send to C (contact details below) within two weeks of being taken and should be date marked. A selection of the intelligence received will be distributed on the Facebook Page and Group Website. (Please let us know if you do not want this to happen!) Photos can be posted directly on the Facebook page but must also be sent to C to record.
- There are three levels of success to this MISSION
GOLD STANDARD: All camping to be completed OUTDOORS: In a tent/bivvy/tree house/under the stars
SILVER STANDARD: To be awarded if ANY of the months you camp INDOORS: In a den/tent (all twelve can be indoors for a silver badge if you prefer)
BRONZE STANDARD: BEAVERS ONLY: To be awarded if you build an indoor den and camp in it AND prepare your own breakfast.
- You can camp at home or on an official Scout camp—if you are at an organised Scout camp there is no need to cook provided you take part in AT LEAST one SCOUT ACTIVITY during the camp
- Photos to be sent to C (Chris Carman-Jones): firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need any advice or clarification please send questions to;
M (Michael Knights): email@example.com
REMEMBER: YOU are the responsibility of your GROWN UPS if you are NOT at a SCOUT activity for which a permission form has been requested and provided.
This message will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2 ………